Chapter 78: Ha Ha, Just Kidding

Phineas and Ferb does not belong to me.


Phineas blinks, trying to focus. Everything is dark and blurry, but he seems to be strapped down on a bed. As that sinks in, he jolts, and tries to escape.

“Won’t do you any good.” Nicolas steps out of the shadows. “Hello Phineas.”

His son collapses again, “Where am I?”

Nicolas sits down next to him and puts his feet up, leaning back in his chair. “In my psychology office. They asked me to get any remaining evil out of your brain.”

Phineas grits his teeth and breaks out of the restraints, “Have you already been in my mind?”

His father shakes his head, “I was waiting until you woke up…”

“Good-bye.” Phineas opens a window and steps out of it.

Running over to the window and looking down, Nicolas sees his son jump off the ledge below. “What are you, crazy?”

The eighteen year-old yells back, “No, I’m stupid! There’s a difference!”

“Not really!” The father sits down on the bed his son was strapped into a couple seconds ago. “I didn’t know he was that strong…” He winces, “I’m doomed when Phineas repeats what I said.”

-------------------------------

“We didn’t ask Nicolas to go into your mind, Phineas…” Ferb looks down at Perry, confused. “Did Candace-?”

She walks in, “No I did not. I can’t believe you would think such a thing!”

Phineas looks away from her, a tear rolling down his cheek. “I’m sorry, Candy. For everything.”

Candace backs away a little. “I forgive you, Phineas… but… I can’t trust-”

“I know exactly how you feel. I… stopped even talking to him after he broke into my mind, so… whatever you want to do is fine.” Phineas leaves the room.

Ferb looks at her worriedly, “I should have gone instead.”

She sits down, “I just… I can’t.” Her eyes fill with tears, “I want to go to him and hug him and tell him that I trust him but I can’t, because I don’t.”

Perry runs after his owner. “Phineas! Wait!”

Phineas turns around, “What is it, Perry?”

The platypus beckons for him to kneel down. When Phineas complies, his pet hugs him tightly. “You saved them all. Thank-you. And I trust you.”

The teen blinks, surprised, but he hugs Perry back. “I hated it there. The only comfort was making sure Pinky was okay for Isabella.” He pauses, wincing, “Can we not tell her I was forced to use him for weapons testing?”

Perry raises an eyebrow skeptically, “Won’t he tell her?”

“He promised he wouldn’t.” Phineas stands up. “Hey, we should get out of the hallway…” He looks down, “I want to see Izzy, but she probably won’t want to see me.”

Major Monogram walks up behind them, “Hello Flynn.”

Turning sharply, Phineas salutes his superior. “Hello Major.”

Monogram looks him over, “You look tired, kid. You know what, being as you just saved the world, go home and get some sleep.” He reaches out to put a hand on Phineas’ shoulder, but stops himself. “Call your girlfriend. We’re returning Agent Pinky to her tonight… and I guess he’ll stay there. He’s retiring.”

Perry chatters happily. Just to make a sound. “Good on him!”

The major looks down at his top agent, “Can you go prepare the others to have everyone come back? A lot of them are retiring to be with their families, but some of them will be coming back to work.”

Carl runs through the hallway, laughing happily. “Major Monogram, it’s wonderful, isn’t it?”

Phineas raises an eyebrow at the enthusiastic man, “Are you okay, Carl?”

“Everything is wonderful!” Carl vanishes down the hallway, skipping now.

Major Monogram chews on his lip uncomfortably, “I should probably look into that…” He follows the skipping intern.

Perry looks down, “Candace… said something I wanted to ask you about.”

His owner flinches, “Can we go somewhere private?”


Please Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment