Chapter 74: I Never Thought I’d be Bringing Phineas’ Father Into This Story...

Phineas and Ferb does not belong to me.


“Okay, this is officially getting out of hand.” Perry paces back and forth in his lair.

Ferb is sitting on Candace’s chair. “Phineas’ mind is stronger than that. He’s mostly faking.”

Perry growls, “Well, then he’s a really good actor.”

Isabella knocks on the door leading to Pinky’s lair, “I saw Phineas blow your door down today. What’s going on?”

Ferb gets up and gives her his chair. “Phineas has gone evil.”

What?!?” Isabella grabs him by the shirt collar and uses him to pull herself out of the chair. “He would never do that! Tell me that you’re lying! Tell me!”

Perry chatters sharply, and Isabella quickly lets go of Ferb and sits back down. “Izzy… it’s true.”

She stares at them, wide eyed, then puts her head down onto her lap, sobs shaking her entire body. Ferb kneels down next to her. “Isabella… please don’t cry.”

“Can… can you guys bring him back?” The girl looks up again, having cried out her initial shock. “I… I love him. I don’t want him to be evil!”

Ferb nods silently, agreeing with her. Perry  agrees as well, “We’re trying, Izzy.” He thinks for a moment, “You and Ferb know Phineas better than anyone else.”

The inventor nods, then his eyes widen. He looks over at Isabella, who is thinking the same thing. “What about his father?”

She thinks for a moment. “Maybe… but do you have any way to contact him?”

Perry holds out his hands, “Wait wait wait wait… Phineas is still in contact with Nicolas?”

“Well, he was a couple years ago. Nicolas taught him how to shield his mind from venturing into other people’s.” Ferb shrugs, “But they had a fight, and we haven’t heard from him since.”

Perry raises one eyebrow. “What was it about?”

Isabella looks down, not wanting to meet either one’s eyes. Ferb shrugs, “He never told me.”

They both look at Isabella. She bites her lower lip, keeping her gaze on the floor. “Privacy. Nicolas… doesn’t have the same morals that Phin does. He… doesn’t mind using his powers for his advantage.”

The platypus growls. “What kind of advantages? Like, crime?”

“Not exactly.” She sighs, “Just… things that made Phineas really angry. I think that he even broke into Phineas’ mind once.”

Ferb winces, “That would do it…”

Perry nods. “I probably would have gotten angry too.”

--------------------------

“So… how did raiding your house go?” The chihuahua’s sarcastic tone cuts right through Phineas’ thin acting.

He collapses on the hard prison bed. “I didn’t raid the house.”

Pinky points to a backpack full of objects from the Flynn-Fletcher residence. “Then what’s that?”

Phineas opens the bag, “My tools, a family photo, some clothes, and a picture I drew of Isabella a couple years ago.”

The dog’s ears perk up, “Can I see that?”

“I grabbed it for you. I figured that seeing me every day is making the hurt bigger.” Phineas gently places the framed drawing in the cage. “I know that seeing my family today really made me miss them more. Especially Candace.” He sits back down on the bed again and picks up the family photo. “We had just made up. She hasn’t really talked to me since she found out about… that.”

Pinky nods. Phineas has decided that he doesn’t want Suzy knowing about his power, as she might force him to use it, so he tries not to mention it at all. “I’m sure that after this is all over-”

The inventor cuts him off, “What if it’s never over?”


Please Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment