Chapter 76: *Twitching* I can’t believe myself…

Phineas and Ferb does not belong to me.


Candace tries to fight her captors, but her hands and legs are frozen to the wall. “Suzy, I don’t know what you think you’re going to do to me. I’m not going to give you any information.”

The girl laughs, the sound of pure evil coming out her mouth. “Aren’t you?”

The agent pales as her younger brother steps out from behind the robots. “Hello, Candace.” He has a pained look in his eyes, but the rest of his face looks mean, and his voice is menacing.

She struggles as Phineas gets closer, “No, please…” Tears stream down her face, “You promised! You said this could never happen! Phineas, I know you’re in there! Please, you’ve never broken a promise, don’t start now…”

Okay, hold everything! I can’t do this. I can’t. This, this scene? It’s driving me crazy. I want so badly to write it, but I’m not sure what the reaction will be.

So… Yeah. I’m going to explode. I saw the finale of the show, and seeing Phineas smile at the end… writing him as evil just isn’t working today! :(

----------------------

Okay, I’m back. I got some advice from a friend, and she had a really great idea. So thanks to her for this. :)

His eyes widen. “Joshsyn, I can’t do this. Not to her.”

The twelve year-old rolls her eyes. “Well, Phineas, if you refuse to read the despised one’s mind for information on O.W.C.A’s plans, I will have Rodney find Ferb and Perry, freeze them, and use his pain inflictors on them until they give us the information.”

Phineas narrows his eyes. “Why would I care about that?” Candace gasps.

“Even I still care about my family, Phineas. Now do what I say, or Ferb and Perry will not be more than burnt toast.” Zon crosses her arms and nods in Candace’s direction.

The eighteen year-old sighs, and turns towards his sister. He meets her eyes with his, but she turns away, struggling harder than before. Reaching out a hand, he places it on her shoulder.

Candace feels tears streaming down her cheeks as her brother “walks” through her mind. I’m sorry, Candace. She blinks. It’s her brother’s voice, inside her head. Tell me where to stay out of. Just think the places you want to keep private.

Phineas is standing in the central part of his sister’s mind. He hasn’t moved since he got in. Actually, it was quite easy. Her mental defense was like a wet tissue. Her voice comes to his ears, “My memories, please stay out of my memories.”

He smiles sadly, “Got it.” Searching for the information about O.W.C.A, he wonders what the fake plan they’ve told Candace is.

She can feel him moving around inside her head. It’s not a good feeling, and it’s making her nauseous. Phineas… please.

His voice is pained, She’ll hurt Ferb. And Perry… Candace, just think out the plan, and I can leave. She looks over at his physical body, still standing there with his hand on her arm.

What would happen if I removed your hand from my arm? She almost has her hand free.

Now he sounds scared. If you do that, first, it will cause me a lot of pain, and second, I’ll be trapped in here forever, because my body will die.

She winces. Oh. I won’t do that, then.

Phineas grabs the information he needs to keep Ferb safe, and starts to back out of his sister’s mind. Then he pauses, “Wait a minute, you’re frozen to the wall. How would you remove my hand?”

“Er… let’s not go there.” Candace winces, “Please, Phineas, I’m about to throw up all over you.”

Suddenly, he’s out of her mind. His body jumps a bit as he enters back into it, and his eyes open. “Got it, Joshsyn.” They turn to walk away, but Candace leaps out of the ice and kicks her brother down, then goes for Zon. The robots quickly refreeze her, except this time covering her entire body with the ice. Phineas winces as he stands back up. “Nice kick, sis.”

She growls from inside the ice. “I vry mch dslk u rht nw.” *(I very much dislike you right now.)

“Yeah, it was nice to see you too.” Phineas follows his boss back out of the alley.

--------------------------

“Candace, are you okay?” Perry runs up to his partner, “We tracked you as quickly as we could, but something was blocking the signal!”

She raises an eyebrow, the ice having melted down to her neck. “What do you think that ‘something’ was, Perry?”

He rolls his eyes, “Well it was obviously Zon. But are you okay?”

Candace bites her lip sadly and looks down at the ground. “Not really. Phineas… she has complete control over him.”

The platypus’ eyes widen, “He… went into your mind?” After a moment, he adds, “What was it like?”

“Nauseating. Now can you get me out of here?” The young woman struggles in her ice prison. “I’m literally freezing!”

----------------

“He just obeyed her? No question?” Ferb looks worriedly over at Perry. This could mean that the ray has completely taken over his mind.

Candace starts to nod, then stops. “Wait, no. He tried to get out of it, but she threatened to… hurt you two.” She raises her head to stare at her brother. “And he said, ‘why would I care?’ I missed what happened next, but he ended up…” She shudders.

Ferb raises his eyebrows. “He reacted to her threatening us? Well, nice to know he still cares…”

“And he did seem really sorry when he was inside my head. He even asked me which places I especially wanted him to stay out of.” Candace shivers again. “But it was the most…”

Her brother nods, “I know what it feels like, Candace.”

Perry and Candace stare at him. “What?”

He looks down at the ground, “I asked him to find a memory for me once. Phineas and I have no secrets from each other, so I wasn’t worried about privacy.”

Candace finally finds the ability to speak, “You what?”

Ferb sighs, “I wanted to see what my mother looked like, okay?”

Shocked into silence again, Candace looks down at her cup of coffee awkwardly. Perry chatters, “So… was it worth it? Finding the memory of your mother?”

The inventor smiles sadly, “Yes, yes it was.”


Please Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment